Monday, November 24, 2008

In the Garden of Wonder and Delight

The aquarium is a favorite place for all of us. 

Colorful tropical fishes, monstrously big ugly fishes, jellyfish, belugas, dolphins and more...I happily suspend my land limited imagination and enrapture myself to Captain Nemo's world while my daughter typically runs around and squeals in delight, no matter if she is visiting the mighty beluga or the gift shop.

In dreams, water is often considered to represent the mythical, the magical, the unknown.  

In waking, the aquarium is a wonderful place to be affronted by mythos, by magic and by unknowingness.  

There I'm happy to be humbled, not only by the diversity of life on the blue planet but also by the paucity of my own imagination for it.

"To be no part of any body, is to be nothing."





No comments: