Saturday, November 1, 2008

Beginning the beguile

All Saints Day today and I'm trying to think of a few saints of our time.

Dag Hammarskjold at one time supposedly said something about few saints and heroes being available in this modern world due to the lack of opportunity, conviction and empathy.  He might be right.

What's a saint or a hero to do?

The discussion of saints and heroes aside, I will continue giving my love and attention to my wife and child,  I'll continue indulging my guilty pleasure of Italian engineering and design and I'll endeavor to make this blog a more interesting read.  As the title suggests, these postings are going to revolve around the not disparate themes of child rearing, Italian car ownership and a few things in between.  God bless the narrative deficient disordered brain!

My wife suggests I too often have spoken empty platitudes...maybe this will give me a chance to hang them out to dry once and for all.

She's not especially keen for the Italian cars either.

Having not knowing how I was to begin this blog,  I have begun it nonetheless.   And so I am, as much as my restless nature will allow, content for one more cloudy night.

No comments: